It has been brought to my attention as of late that my singleness is a lifestyle. Evidently I have made a major lifestyle choice without realizing, but upon my awareness I have come to embrace it. If you can relate to my thoughts and actions then perhaps you too have fallen into this lifestyle without realizing what path you were straying down.
A few key signs that you might unknowingly be living the single lifestyle (aka spinsterhood). [Please note, spinsterhood is a gender neutral term so men are not immune, but I am primarily an expert in female spinsterhood]
1. Whenever the concept of a ‘cat lady’ comes up in conversation you do not deny this impending doom, rather your thoughts wander to something along the lines of, “but I’m more of a dog person…”
2. You have a few hours to kill. You…
A. Watch Pride & Prejudice
B. Read Pride & Prejudice
D. A & C
If you answered any of the above, you may be living the single lifestyle.
3. It’s Friday night, you are…
B. En route to your home.
C. Thinking of a valid excuse to give one of the few people who asked you to hang out so that you can hang out at home.
4. You ‘hate the bar scene’… in other words you aren’t really satisfied unless you are in the comfort of your own home.
5. People consider you crafty. Pinterest is like porn. Yeah, I said it.
These are just a few symptoms of the ‘single lifestyle’. This is just the beginning dear friends- know that you are not alone. Well, that’s not entirely true. If this indeed is the lifestyle for you, then the whole point is that you are alone. Oops.